192.168.1.254 IP address is used in the most of modern wireless home routers. This IP address can be used when entering in router’s web-interface. Some users call it admin panel. Moreover, there are a lot of different IP addresses which can be used by manufacturers: 10.0.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, but devices from 3com use 192.168.l.254.
Why I should know about admin panel?
192.168.1.254 web-interface are usually used in 3com routers. This is special software which is installed in purposes that users can configure their settings. The most important settings are responsible for security. Safety Internet connection is necessary in 21st century because of huge number of cyber crimes. It’s important to be sure that your personal information is under protection. 3com routers can provide it to you, so let’s find out how to login in web-interface.
How to login in 192.168.1.254 3com web-interface
- Firstly, you should know your 3com router’s IP address. Above we found out that most of 3com routers use 192.168.1.254 as IP address.
Default IP address can be changed long time ago, so you can enter in web-interface using 192.168.l.254. There are two ways of solution this problem. You can download special software which provides you to know your current IP or reset you router.
- When IP was found, you can try to login in your admin panel. It’s necessary to have any internet browser. There you need type your router’s IP in address bar and press enter.
- Here will be login gateway. You should type your identification information (username and password). Usually you just need to type «admin» in both bars. There can be some exceptions. If your model of router doesn’t use «admin» as identification information, you can check our default router passwords list. Enter your identification information and click OK.
What if something goes wrong?
Doing these actions you can deal with problems, so let’s find out solution of the most popular problems:
- If you can enter using «admin» password, that mean your router uses different password. To find right password, you can check all 3Com passwords using Google or manual book. Moreover, it can be found on backside of router.
- Everyone can forget password, but there is way how to solve this problem — router resetting. Doing this you can return your router to default factory settings.
- You can’t have Internet connection anytime, but you need get identification information from your router. In this case, you shouldn’t forget about manual book. Here you can find all main information about router configuration.
Way of resetting router
Process of resetting device isn’t difficult, so you can do it without something help. To do it, you need find reset button on backside of device. Press it and hold for about 30 seconds. After that, your router would be returned to default factory settings.
You should be sure when doing it, because all custom settings will be deleted, so you should set up them again. All default identification information for 192.168.1.254 and others ip can be found on our website.