192.168.100.1 is one of the most popular IP addresses which is used by routers. It’s necessary for entering in device’s web-interface (someone calls it administration panel). There are a lot of different routers which use they own IP addresses: 10.0.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, but in this article we would talk about 192.168.100.1.
Why do you need 192.168.100.1 web-interface (administration panel)?
Administration panel is so important thing for every router’s owner. If you want to use your device without someone’s help, you should find out information about web-interface. Here you can do changes in your device’s settings. The most important settings are responsible for your data security. It’s all because of huge number of hackers who won’t refuse to steal your private information.
Huawei routers use 192.168.100.1 IP address. Below you can find information about entering in administration panel of Huawei routers.
How to log in to 192.168.100.1 administration panel
Manufacturer of Huawei routers setup special software in their routers, which is used to do some changes in router’s configurations.
- The first action is opening your web-browser. It’s not important what browser do you use. But don’t forget that downloading browsers from third-party websites are dangerous for your personal computer.
- In address bar you need to enter Huawei IP address. As we told above, Huawei manufacturer uses 192.168.100.1 IP address. Press enter.
- After these actions, here should appears login gateway, where you should enter your identification information (username and password). Default identification data should be both «admin».
Notice: If your username and password aren’t default, type changed version. If you forgot them, you can use RESET method. To do it, you need find reset button, press and hold it for about 30 seconds (more detailed information about resetting the router here).
Notice: If you forget default router passwords and IP address, you can find them on our main page with default information list. Here is information for all manufacturers — not only Huawei.
For people who don’t like 192.168.l00.1 IP address, there are some methods of changing it:
- Changing router’s IP address by using special setup CD
- Changing router’s IP address on special web-page with settings
Forgetting IP address and solution of it
Everyone of us can forget router’s IP address. It’s necessary to don’t panic in this case — manufacturers developed ways of finding out it:
- Returning router’s IP address by checking it
- Returning router’s IP address by RESETTING method (described above)
Notice: Resetting of your router will return your settings to factory defaults. It means that all changes that you have done will be cleared. IP address would be returned to 192.168.100.1 too, so you can use it when entering in administration panel by using default «admin» password and username.
Notice: You mustn’t reset your router, if there are no problems, which can be solved by this method. Don’t forget that all changes would be cleared!