Install a Mi Router
Three easy steps to configure your router
Connect the cables
Plug in the power adapter and insert the end of the wire into the power connector of the router. Plug the Internet cable into the appropriate socket on the router.
Connect to Wi-Fi
Search for a Wi-Fi network via a smartphone or computer and connect to it (the default network is “Xiaomi_xxxx”).
* If you use a network cable to connect the router to the computer, then skip this step.
* xxxx are the last 4 digits of the MAC address of the router that is listed on the router.
Set the password using Mi Wifi
To set a password, go to miwifi.com or enter the IP address of the modem 192.168.31.1
If the router is not configured, a window appears prompting you to install the program on your mobile device. Skip this step and proceed to configure the router.
If your router is already configured, a password request will appear. You (or someone else) set this password during the first setup. This is not a password for a Wi-Fi network (but they can match).
After authorization (if you enter the password correctly), a web-interface will appear.
If you forget the password from the Xiaomi router, you will have to reset all parameters to the factory settings. You will find a link to the instructions below.
Login problems, password, reset and other information
- Don’t know what to do if the settings page does not open? An error, Xiaomi website, or search engine appears. Be sure to check the connection to the router. Be it by cable, or by Wi-Fi. Please note that you should only be connected to the Xiaomi router. Maybe you connected via cable, and the laptop is connected to some other Wi-Fi network. Try changing your browser. Please note on which input line you write the miwifi address. Try logging on to 192.168.31.1. And if possible, then try to log in from another device.
- Don’t know what password? When you enter the router settings for the first time, there will be no password request. You must create and set a password yourself during the first setup process. In the future, when you go to miwifi.com, you will need to enter a password that protects the settings. And if you forget the password, you will have to reset to factory settings.
- Don’t know how to restore the factory settings on the router? First, you need to turn on the router. Now take a toothpick (or something similar), press the Reset button with the end of the toothpick, hold it and look at the indicator. After about 10-15 seconds, the indicator will begin to flash and turn red. That’s all, now you can release the button.